|Thursday, May 16
East Pubnico, Argyles, Old School Road, Robert’s Island, Glenwood, Lr. Eel Brook, Sainte–Anne–du–Ruisseau, Rocco Point, stop at SAR Church.
|Friday, May 17
Begin at SAR Church, Abram’s River, Hubbard’s Point, Amirault Hill, Sluice Point, Surette’s Island, Morris Island, including section of Hwy 3 between Frank Doucette Road and Hanging Oak stop at Hanging Oak.
|Saturday, May 18
Lower West Pubnico, Middle West Pubnico, West Pubnico, Pubnico, Pubnico Head, including side roads in the area, Argyle Sound Road, Green Grove Road, section of Highway #3 between Argyle Sound Road and Intersection of #335 to Paul d’Entremont Marine.
|Thursday, May 23
Black Pond Road, Wedgeport and Plymouth
|Friday, May 24
Comeau’s Hill, Little River Harbour, Melbourne, Pleasant Lake, Gavel Road, Kemptville and Tusket
|Saturday, May 25
Quinan and Belleville, Chemin des Bourque & Eel Lake Road
The following is a list of items that WILL BE picked up during the cleanup.
Items must be separated into various groups for ease of pickup and disposal and smaller items placed in CLEAR BAGS, not black bags.
The following items WILL NOT be accepted for disposal:
- Oil tanks (must be cut in half)
- Mattresses rolled and tied
- Rugs/carpets (cut and rolled in manageable sizes)
- Lawn mowers (drained of oil and gasoline)
- Hot water heaters
- Household furniture
- Appliances and white goods. Refrigerators and freezers must have doors removed from the appliance. Only one major appliance per household from each group will be accepted for pick up i.e. one stove, one washer, one dryer, one hot water heater, etc. (Freon does NOT have to be removed)
- Tree limbs, brush (must be bundled in 3ft lengths) WILL be accepted on NORMAL organic week pick up.
- Home construction/renovation/demolition debris and waste material.
- Explosive or toxic material
- Combustive material
- Paints and solvents
- Lobster traps
- Liquid wastes
- Car bodies and heavy car parts
- Automotive tires (maximum of 4 de–rimmed automotive tires accepted at tire retailer at no cost)
- Car batteries (accepted at local Enviro–Depot)
- Garden and yard waste (use your backyard composter or green organic cart)
- Propane tanks (accepted at Petro Canada in Pubnico, Tusket UltraMart at a cost)
- Waste oil may be dropped off at your local service station or at the Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) depot at the transfer station on the Hardscratch Road.
- Household hazardous wastes (HHW) such as corrosive cleaners and solvents, strong acids and alkalis, house and garden pesticides can be taken to the HHW depot on the Hardscratch Road. Most household waste paint can be taken to your local Enviro–Depot or the HHW depot for proper disposal. Contact Waste Check at 742-1312.
- Electronics (such as computers, TV’s, monitors, printers, telephones, VCR’s, DVDS & CD players, stereos, digital cameras, etc.) can be taken to the Enviro-Depot, 10 Hardscratch Rd. or call Waste Check at 742–1312. For a complete list visit www.recycleMYelectronics.ca/ns or phone 1-877-462-8907.
Property owners may choose to drop off separated waste at the transfer station located on the Hardscratch Road (no tipping fees will be applied) limit of 200 kgs (440 lbs) per household per week. This does include Construction and Demolition Material. This is available to residents throughout the year.
For more information on proper disposal of items not accepted during our pickup, recycling and/or composting please call Waste Check at 742–1312. For questions regarding pick-up call John or Bonnie Duffus at Wasteco Ltd. 742-9496 or the Department of Property Inspection and Public Works at 648–2623.
Due to the large amount of waste to be collected over a short period of time,
the Municipality of Argyle reserves the right to limit quantities.